Thursday 13 January 2011

Library books

Bill Woodrow's Sitting on History*
Following a visit to the college library today, I borrowed the following books, most of which are on the recommended reading list:
I am a little disappointed that I cannot find a way to access the college library catalogue from outside the college. This could be a small financial (travel costs) barrier to my learning.

*Image is a bronze sculpture. Photo © 2006 Grytr (John McCullough). Bill Woodrow's 'Sitting On History ' was purchased for the British Library by Carl Djerassi and Diane Middlebrook in 1997. Sitting on History, with its ball and chain, refers to the book as the captor of information which we cannot escape.

As an aside, I really need to check my Flickr account more often. This image was used to illustrate an article by Kathryn Perera, 12 July 2010 Michael Gove's history lesson, Progress Online. Coincidentally, the article discusses education!

1 comment: